Sehenswürdigkeiten im Stadtteil Steyrdorf
This residential building dates back to the 15th century and was seat of the lower jurisdiction. The inner courtyard features a magnificent 16th century arcade with lavishly decorated columns and ornamental corner. The complex once was home to the lyric poet and author Dora Dunkl, who gave the building its name.
At the end of the Kirchengasse there is a small square from where the Sierninger Straße and the Gleinkergasse begin. Here, in the centre of the Steyrdorf district, stands the "Roter Brunnern" or red fountain, named after its former copper roof. The people who lived in the houses around the square took water for drinking and did their laundry at the fountain. At the top of the fountain stands a graceful statue of Mary (18th century).
This residential building was erected around 1600. Wax candles, mead and a special holiday gingerbread called "Lebzelten" (giving the building its name) were produced here into the middle of the 19th century. Today, the historic building is the home of the Christkindl Café and houses a "Lebzelten Museum".